Ross: Well, wait a minute, why why is she in the title? 等等,为何名字里有她的份?
Rachel: Why are why are you so tanned? 你为何晒得这么黑?
Mrs. Geller: Then why you bring it up. You know how he latches on. 那你为什么要提到这个呢?你知道他多么容易来劲。(latch on:来劲儿。)
Monica: I'm sorry, why is this girl going to call me? 打扰一下,这个女孩为何要打电话给我?
Ross: Carol, why why are you here, Carol? 卡萝,为什么来这儿?
Ross: Yeah, and and it's not that we don't like the comedian, it's just that that...that's not why we bought the ticket. 对,而且我们并非讨厌单口相声,只是那不是我们买票的原因。
Rachel: I know that. That's why I was getting married. 我知道,这就是为什么我要结婚。
Monica: Why? Why? Why, why would anybody do something like that? 为什么?为什么?为什么啊?为什么会有人这样做?
Chandler: Four years of closeness and sharing, at the end of which she ripped your heart out. That is why we don't do it! 四年的亲近和分享,最后她把你的心给伤透了,这就是为什么我们不这么干!
Rachel: Anyway, I just had to get out of there, and I started wondering, "Why am I doing this, " and "Who am I doing this for?" 无论如何,我必须离开那里,然后我开始思考:“我为什么这样做”以及“我这样做为了谁?”